So, it seems like every single cosmetics counter I go to, whenever I'm asked what skincare I'm using, and I answer 'clinique', I get the dirtiest, horrified looks from the MUAs! What is this! Yes, I understand that Clinique does have some terrible products, I know. Trust me, I know. I'm not an idiot when it comes to beauty; I do my research, read reviews, both user and expert, and check the ingrediants. Then, I see if I can get samples. Seriously, I'm so sick and tired of being told that all clinique is awful- it's not. C'mon guys, FFS, it's not all terrible. Clinique has some really good items.
Anyway, onto their main seller; 3-Step Skincare System. I actually got a whole load of samples of this before I bought the full sized, and initially I absolutely loved it. Do I still love it? Yeah, I do. To list, I bought
- Liquid Facial Soap in mild (the middle level one)
- Clarifying Lotion 1
- Anti-Blemish Facial Soap Bar
- Anti-Blemish Clarifying Lotion
- Anti-Blemish Clearing Moisturiser
- And it came with a really cute little bag!
Liquid Facial Soap
- I actually love this stuff. It's very gentle, and even though I have oily skin, I use the mild one as I was worried the oily one would dry out my skin (something pretty common with clinique products). I bought this bigger bottle, and it was $29. I use two pumps for my skin, and I first lather in my hands, then put all over my face in circular motions. I then leave it on my face for about a minute. Then I rinse off. Simple! I love it. It does make my skin feel a little tight after a while if I don't tone straight away.
- This is really gentle. I don't feel as though it dries my skin out. Even though I'm oily, I would NEVER buy the number 3 CL. I don't think I'd ever recommend anyone to go above 1. It does contain alcohol- something that does irritate the skin. I feel that clarifying lotion 1 is gentle enough to not irritate, however.
- I've actually only used this twice...the bar that I got was actually huge. It's not the full sized, but it's like getting two sample bars, maybe. The reason I've only used this twice is because anything in bar form will clog your pores. Simple as that. The ingrediants that make it solid will clog your pores. Yes, the bar is WAY more economical, lasts for freaking AGES (the tiny little sample bar you get from the counter literally lasted me a good two months, and I've still got a decent amount left).
- Yeah, I tried this once...broke me out. I don't think I'd want people to use this...Yes, it does contain salicylic acid, but you know what else it has? High levels of alcohol, menthol and I'm fairly sure it has witch hazel- THREE high irritant ingrediants.
- OMG I FREAKING LOVE THIS STUFF. It's such a good moisturiser. It's oil free, and contains a good level of benzoyl peroxide- the acne clearing miracle. It moisturises my skin really well, and does not dry me out. It makes my skin feel so soft, and I love love love love this stuff. Seriously.
Anyway, hope that helped someone!