Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Inglot Brush Appreciation Society


Hello! Today I'm reviewing my stippling brush from Inglot! Sorry, it's a bit dirty- I did spot clean it before this photo. The tips are normally white!

So, this is Inglot's stippling brush- the 27TG. It retails in AUS for $60- $15 lower than MAC's 187. I believe the black hairs are squirrel substitute, and the white bristles are taklon, so as far as I can tell, it's a synthetic brush- something you don't see very often. On initial inspection, the bristles are quite soft, albeit not as soft as MAC's 187, but still soft.

Use...well, I've never used MAC 187, so I have nothing to compare to. I use this brush with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation, and it applies well; better than a foundation brush.

The only quarrel I have with this brush is that it SHEDS. Not like mad, but it's irritating when buffing in foundation, and you've actually got a hair on your face...and it's a bit difficult to try and pick this hair off your face; you'd be surprised. It also smells a bit...I'm not quite sure what of, but it smells.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy with this brush, I don't really regret buying it, however I'm slightly disappointed I didn't just wait for $15 and buy the MAC 187.

VERDICT! Dun dun dunnn...
  • Good brush for thicker foundation
  • Soft bristles, however it sheds
  • If you can get the MAC 187 or 188, do it. I wish I had.

Until next time, chickadees!

Much love, J
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment