Sunday, July 18, 2010

MAC In the Groove Hype!!

So, can I just say that I'm FREAKING EXCITED about MAC's new collection, In the Groove? It releases here on July 26th (or was that August 26th? I think it's July, but I hope it's August!!). I'm a little sad, as I still need to lay-by my beautiful Chanel sunnies that I'm getting! But they can wait, as MAC is clearly more important (Stereo Rose, anyone?). But, I think I'm gonna have to do both at the same time. So only the most important things come first!

I'm planning on getting (I need to swatch in-store first!)-
- Stereo Rose!
- I Like It Like That lipstick
- Hang Loose mineralise blush

I know, only three things, but here that adds up to $131AUD!!! That is quite a bit for only three products. I may get more, but that'll have to wait until a later date.


Anywho, here is a look that I did earlier. I decided to theme it for MAC To the Beach, as I never really did a TtB post or whatevs. I didn't end up getting much from it- I bought Shimmermoss eyeshadow (only in the normal packaging though, I'm not paying an extra $5 for funky green plastic!), Float on By eye kohl, and Life's a Breeze lip pencil.

Anywho, here's the look




And here's a full face



What I'm wearing!

FACE
- Neutrogena Moisturiser (booooring, I know)
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Soft Ivory
- MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC15
- MAC Transperant Powder
- Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Rose

CHEEKS
- Some random L'oreal blush on the bottom
- MAC Liberty of London Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl

EYES
- MAC Painterly Paint Pot
- A random bright green Inglot shadow (inner third) (think MAC Lucky Green)
- MAC Shimmermoss Eyeshadow (out 2/3rds of Lid)
- MAC Birds & Berries Eyeshadow (crease and outer v)
- Clinique mascara
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
- 1000 hour lashes (used with DUO lash glue)

LIPS
- MAC Life's a Breeze Lip Pencil
- MAC Nymphette Lipglass

Brushes I used:
- Inglot stippling brush (think MAC 187)
- Ecotools Blush Brush + Retractable Kabuki Brush
- MAC 217
- MAC 219
- MAC 239

Now, normally I would use a face primer (Inglot Under Make-up Base), but with the Laura Mercier foundation, if I'm not wearing it for about 5+ hours, I prefer not to use a base, as the LM foundation tends to accentuate dryness- and my primer is silicone based, so drying (I need a new one!!). So, when I don't use primer, I only use moisturiser :)

Much Love,
J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment